What we do as ecological consultants
Working as a team of qualified ecologists, we have the specialist skills and knowledge to offer you as a client a complete and comprehensive service. Our ecological services include:
- Protected species and wildlife surveys, for example :
- Undertaking initial ecological appraisals of sites ( also known as Phase 1 surveys or Preliminary Ecological Assessments );
- Undertaking protected species surveys, advice and mitigation e.g. for bats and great crested newts and other species;
- Ecological impact assessment for example :
- Writing ecology chapters for Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Completing Habitat Regulations Assessments for European sites;
- Land management advice for example :
- Offering land management advice for nature reserves, farms and wildlife areas;
- Assisting in access to funding from Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) from Natural England;
- BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes Assessments for all building types including housing, education, offices, healthcare and industrial.
We also run training courses throughout the year for our clients and other professionals on subjects ranging from managing small woodlands to wildlife law.
What we will do for you as a client
- We will focus on providing the ecological expertise that you need to ensure your project proceeds on time and on budget, while ensuring the natural world is well looked after;
- We will always be accessible for you to contact us and won’t rely on answer phones;
- Our quote to you will set out costs in a clear and transparent manner, based on understanding your needs;
- In communicating with you, we will offer you simple, clear advice on wildlife and ecology;
- We will advise you as early as possible on timetabling and other potential constraints and risks, resulting from survey windows, planning processes and other regulations;
- We will welcome feedback from you to help us improve our service, and work to make you feel valued as a client and customer.